Monday, May 25, 2009

How to unlock 2g and 3g Iphones.

Lets start with the easy one. The orignal iphone aka "2g" iphone is the easiest to unlock for services with tmobile. You can do this yourself by just simply following the instructions found here.

As for the 3g iphones. Once you have updated them to the newest version (2.2.1) they are no longer software unlockable. (well they are but its tricky and involves downgrading the baseband and a bunch of unfun stuff). So what you have to use are what are easily known as "Turbo Sims"
Or in other terms. Its a cover over your simcard to trick the phone into thinking its a at&t sim card and the sim thinks its a tmobile phone. There are a ton of different ones out there. The ones I suggest can be found here.

I also reccomend Jailbreaking your phone since there are some amazing apps out there on Cydia which i will post later.

Enjoy. And do me a favor. If you read this and found it useful, or read anything and found it useful. please comment so i know this isnt a wasted effort to help!
Thanks

TmobileGenius!

4 comments:

  1. Just starting to explore prospect of using new gen iPhone on T-Mobile, so please do keep up the good work, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also planning on using an iPhone on Tmo and have found your posts very informative. I can't bring myself to switch to ATT just for the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get a new gen iphone 3Gs unlocked for tmobile, will the app store itunes and my 5 favs work seamlessly? Thanks for your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping to find more information on unlocking iPhone 3G with firmware 3.1 but didn't find it here. Still , I did learn some basic stuffs. Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete